Windows Server is the leading server operating system, built on the work of many of the largest data centers – provides opportunities to companies of any size throughout the world. Continuing the tradition, Windows Server 2012 includes hundreds of new and enhanced features that allow you to transform your it environment virtualization and cloud computing to reduce it costs and increase business value. In Windows Server 2012 are impressive innovations in virtualization, networking, storage, and usability.
If Windows Server 2008 does a very narrow range of tasks associated solely with the provision of web services, Windows Server 2012 Standard is one of the latest versions of full-featured server operating system. Windows Server 2012 contains all the necessary properties and services for virtualization, remote administration, cloud, network infrastructure, remote access and information protection, development platforms, and more. Windows Server 2012 offers multiplayer data center that simplifies the deployment of it services. Windows Server 2012 stands in one line with the client operating system Windows 8.
The Innovations Of Windows Server 2012
- Implemented new policy management IP addresses "IP address management", designed to control and monitor DNS and DHCP support Internet protocols IPv4 and IPv6 in full.
- A large number of changes implemented in Active Directory. Among them, the introduction of the graphical interface in the Active Directory Recycle Bin, complicated password policies, secure cloning of virtual domain controllers, simplifying the transition to this version with the previous one, eliminating the need to download Active Directory Federation Services for installation as role, since these services are included in Kerberos etc.
- Created and implemented new file system, Resilient File System (ReFS), initially intended for file servers as advanced NTFS. This file system includes a huge number of innovations and functional improvements, including the use of B+ trees to ensure the reliability of the disk structures that support a maximum file size 16 EB (106 TB), 18.4×1018 number of folders and a maximum volume space of 1 IB (1012 TB) with the 64-bit wide file specifications. The names of the files and folders allow a limit of 32 KB of text. Most of the properties inherent to the NTFS file system, inherited ReFS. However, there are a number of non-supported options, such as file compression, encryption system EFS files, named streams of files, hard links, and some others.
- Released a new version of Internet Information Services (IIS 8.5) that contains properties such as SNI (an extension of the TLS Protocol by which a client informs the host name to which to connect), centralized management of SSL certificates, and WebSocket support NUMA.
- Created and implemented Storage Spaces that are inherited from the Logical Disk Manager (LDM), permitting the organization of hard disks using the logical structure. In other words, a collection of hard drives in various sizes and specifications can be connected in a single pool, and the connection/disconnection of the drives is automated and can be controlled with PowerShell commands. Each pool supports ReFS and is limited to 4 Pb (4096 TB), but restrictions on the total number of pools is not installed.
- Many changes affected the security of information in various areas (access control, AppLocker, BitLocker, credential store, group managed service accounts, Kerberos policy settings on the local computer, etc.)
- Among the limitations Windows Server 2012 Standard should take into account the memory limit of 4 TB, the limit of processors in the system — 64 CPU limit for virtual machines — 2 machines. Unlimited use Remote Desktop Services, File Services, Network Policy and Access Services, as well as no limit on the number of users in the system.
- Among the main services available with Windows Server 2012 Standard can be noted of the DHCP service, DNS server, Windows Server Update Services, Hyper-V, ServerCore-mode, Active Directory Federation Services, Active Directory, Domain Services etc. in Windows Server 2012 has integrated support for Office 365, Windows PowerShell 4, Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework 4.5.
License as a gift!